Sunday, June 15, 2008

It's Official...Gone for 6 Weeks

The Countdown has begun. 6 Weeks and Counting! Del left this afternoon at 12:15....and I already miss him. He called from San Antonio and said that tonight everyone is staying at a hotel but tomorrow Basic begins. He already met some of the people in the program, but please pray that he will quickly find a great friend that is a fellow Believer. Del makes friends so easily anyway....so this shouldn't be to hard. As for me, I took a long nap today and we just had a nice Father's Day dinner. Now, I think we are off to Cold Stone!! YUMM!! I will keep everyone updated on what is going on in 2nd Leutenant Sloneker's life in San Antonio as best I can. Who knows, if they stay at the hotel every night and not on Base then I might get daily updates! Wouldn't that be funny! Del goes to Basic and stays in a hotel the whole time! Talk to you soon.

No comments: