Saturday, February 7, 2009

Scripture Memory: Proverbs 6:6-11

We must be trying to prevent some procrastination and laziness to sneak into our lives...because this is the verse that Del chose for us to memorize the first part of this month! I'll admit, I giggle to myself every time I read it because it is the verse that Del has had hanging on our wall by his alarm clock, to encourage him to get up in the mornings! On that note, I hope your day is full of fun and productivity!

"Go to the ant, you sluggard; consider its ways and be wise!
It has no commander, no overseer or ruler,
yet it stores its provisions in summer and gathers its food at harvest.
How long will you lie there, you sluggard? When will you get up from your sleep?
A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest-
and poverty will come on you like a bandit and scarcity like an armed man."
-Proverbs 6:6-11-

*a funny note: my mom just sent this text message: "So glad I read your blog b/c I have been a sluggard lately, but I am going to transform into an ant today!" Ha! I laughed out loud when I read that! Don't you just love God's Word!? 

No comments: