I would be totally selfish if I didn't share these really yummy, and really good-for-you recipes! They come straight from my obsession, Jillian Michaels. The first one is for lunch and the second one is for dinner. Both are super quick to make! Enjoy!
Broccoli, Turkey, and Cheese Lavash Wrap
Calories: 216 each
3/4 cup broccoli florets
1/4 cup (2oz.) tub-style light cream cheese
2 T. fat-free Italian dressing
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
6 slices low sodium turkey breast, thinly sliced
1/3 C. bottled roasted red peppers, chopped
4 round lavash wraps
(I actually have no idea what a "lavash wrap" is...so I just used tortillas)
1. Steam broccoli
2. While broccoli cooks, combine cream cheese, dressing, and Italian seasoning in a bowl.
3. Combine broccoli, cream cheese mixture, turkey, and bell peppers in a medium nonstick skillet, cook turkey mixture over medium-high heat until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
4. Spread turkey mixture evenly over lavash wraps; roll up into 4 wraps.
Tomatillo Shrimp Fajitas
Calories: 333 each
1 1/2 C. red bell pepper strips
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 small red onion, vertically sliced
1/2 C. green salsa (store-bought)
1 teaspoon ground parsley
salt, to taste
1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
2 T. chopped fresh cilantro
1. Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add bell pepper, garlic, and onion; saute 4 minutes. Stir in salsa, coriander, salt, and shrimp; saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are done.
2. Arrange about 1/2 C. shrimp mixture down the center of each tortilla; sprinkle each tortilla with 1 1/2 teaspoons cilantro.
(Then I added a slice of avocado to each fajita...which made it extra yummy!)
*Both recipes came from "Making the Cut" by Jillian Michaels