Monday, April 20, 2009

So Many Lessons....So Little Time

I have to first apologize for the lack of blogging that has been happening here at the Sloneker household. The past couple of weeks, I feel like God has really been closing my mouth so that I can listen and take note of all the lessons He has had in store for us. It really all started the week before Easter, when God decided to take a shovel to our hearts and start digging out all the yucky-ness that had been building up for some time. Since then, He has really been using the teaching at Fellowship LR to bring meaning and teaching to the lessons we have been learning from just listening. If you have a few minutes, I would HIGHLY encourage you to listen to the first sermon of the series. It is called "Surprised by Hope". (Just click on the purple letters and it should take you there.)

It was given on Easter Sunday, and it could be one of the BEST Easter sermons I have ever heard! I hope you all had a great weekend, and that the Joy of the Resurrection of our Lord is still alive in your hearts. I know that it can easily fade after the excitement of Easter Weekend is over, but as one of our Community Group leaders reminded Del and I...."If you live every day like the Cross JUST happened, our lives would be totally different!"

No comments: