Sunday, May 3, 2009

I've Got the Bug

....The "Mission Trip Bug" that is. You know, no one really ever tells you about what "everyday life" will be like when you start "becoming an adult". In high school it was a guarantee that I would go to Mexico every Spring Break on a mission trip, and after 7 years of doing that (no, I wasn't in high school for 7 years...that includes college too) Del and I traveled to the Far East with a group from our church. Amazingly, it has been almost a year since I have been to a place to see what God is doing, or go to a place where God is needed. And now I have the itch to go! Del says it's a good thing, but I find it very frustrating when there isn't anything on the calendar to look forward to. There are so many things I am longing for when it comes to these trips...
...I long to see where they live...
...I long to observe their everyday lives...
...I long to see their unforgettable smiles...
...I long to see the kids smile...
...I long to taste their food...
...I long for Del to taste the really crazy food... :)
...I long to see where they worship...
...I long to know WHY they worship...
...I long to hold their hands...
...but most of all......I long for them to know about the One True God and His Faithfulness.
So...until something comes up....to satisfy these longings...I have been living vicariously through some fellow bloggers that just returned from a trip to India with Compassion. Their stories are amazing...but let me warn you...grab a box (or 2) of Kleenex before you dig into these unforgettable stories.
Because of reading these stories, Del and I have started praying for a child to sponsor through Compassion. We have a few options on the table right now, but we really want God to show us who to sponsor. We will let you know as soon as we make the decision!
I'll give you a hint: God has REALLY been laying a certain African country on my heart.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: