Tuesday, July 28, 2009

2 Books Down

This summer I have been doing a lot more "pleasure reading" than I normally do.

(It is not the reason for my absent-ness from my blog...the reason for that is because I have been on a heavy anti-inflammatory and muscle relaxer for my back...a.k.a. I haven't been able to stay awake long enough to write a blog post.)

But, I'm back in the game! So, as I was saying, I've been doing some reading. The funny thing about this first book is that I thought I had already read it. It is the 3rd, and final book in the Mark of the Lion Series by Francine Rivers. I had read the first 2 a few years ago, and I guess just assumed I'd read this one! I read it last week (while I was laid up on my back) and it is great! I highly recommend this series to anyone that loves a good story!
Secondly, I finished my first parenting book today! It was FANTASTIC!! No, I'm not expecting a baby anytime soon....but after reading this book, I'm expecting to be a lot better parent! Ha! I know that I will read it more than once, and it will be a required read for Del too. I recommend this book to anyone that has toddlers or is planning on having them one day!

Other than reading, Del and I have just been working and traveling back and forth from NWA a lot. (And by "a lot", I mean, pretty much every weekend.) But it's been great seeing friends and family, because once school starts, Del will only be seeing his desk in the library! I hope you guys are having a great summer. As I can see from your blog posts, most of you are!

No comments: