Sunday, September 27, 2009

Cinderelly, Cinderelly...I mean, Chelsea Chelsea

Right after my emotional breakdown that I had today, I just started singing to myself, "Cinderelly, Cinderelly". At first I thought, "Ok, did someone slip some drugs into my breakfast?" but then it hit home when Del sent me a text about not worrying. I have never really thought of myself as a "worrier", but my breakdown today would lead me to believe that I do have some "worrying tendencies". :) I don't really worry about the future, finances, or friends...my worries come from the unrealistic expectations I put on myself.

Instead of "Cinderelly, Cinderelly" being shouted by some evil step sister, these demands I'm screaming at myself! My song would sound more like this:

"Chelsea, Chelsea, night and day it's Chelsea Chelsea....
Make the bed, go work out, pack the house, create a website, update your blog, train for a triathlon, go to work, go to Bible Study, make NEW friends, keep up with your OLD friends, love your husband...
wash the dishes, do the moppin'... and the sweepin', and the shoppin', I always keep me hoppin'. I'll go around in circles, 'till I'm very very dizzy, still I hollar, 'keep her busy, Chelsea Chelsea'!"

As nice as it would be to have a bunch of little mice to pick up the slack when I feel to weak, I need to remember that I have the God of the Universe on my side. And the TRUTH is that He carries the majority of the load for me, because Matthew 11:28-29 says, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." So, I know that when I'm feeling stressed, I'm not relying on Him to carry it, I'm trying to carry it all myself. And you know what, The God of the Universe is WAY BETTER than any Fairy God Mother!

No comments: