Friday, September 11, 2009

Today...8 Years Ago.

*pictures are from my visit to St. Paul's Chapel in NYC, untouched by Trade Center bombing.*

I remember that it hit me last year, but for some reason it really hit me today. I can't believe that it's been 8 years since 9/11 happened. I loved reading everyone's encouraging words and memories on Facebook about where they were and what they were doing on that morning.
I was a freshman at the U of A, brushing my teeth in my dorm when a girl mentioned it. My roomie and I ran back to our room to flip on the t.v. only to see the 2nd plane hit. I can remember just being glued to the t.v., but then realizing that I needed to go to American Government Class. So, Del and I (not dating yet, but already totally in love with him) headed up the hill, and I can remember us talking about if they brought back the draft, how he would be the first in line. All I can say about our Gov't class that day is, WOW. Lot's of different opinions!
I would have never guessed that 8 years later, I would be married to Del...He would enlist in the Army, not because of the draft but because of Medicine...and that if something doesn't change, my husband will go over and fight the same war that was started 8 years ago. With all of this, it has made me so thankful for all of our police officers, fire fighters, and military that serve our country every day. Thank You!

No comments: