Thursday, April 29, 2010

Blown Away

As we were peeking into the bird's nest {previous post}, I noticed that there was a bunch of trash out in our neighbor's yard. But, since we live right on one of the busiest streets in LR, I didn't think much of it. All I said to Del was, "Oh man, look at all that trash! That's a shame."....then we went on with our day. I sat back down at my computer, and Del left for the library. 10 minutes later, I hear someone banging on the door. It's Del...and he says, "You aren't going to believe this. You know that trash....well, those are my flash cards."

Photobucket

So, being the good wife I am, I of course.....immediately go grab my camera.
{Right after I almost wet my pants from laughing so hard}

Photobucket

One might ask, "How in the world could this have happened"? Well, if you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you will know that this kind of stuff happens to us ALL the time. But, I will tell you how this particular instance happened.

Photobucket

When Del went out to feed Mack the night before, he set this stack of flashcards on the back of his truck....and obviously forgot about them. So, when he left for the library the next morning, as soon as he hit the gas to pull out on Markham....they went flying.

Photobucket

What makes me laugh so hard is that these precious flashcards are usually in a nice & neat stack...and always very well organized. Now, they are spread out all over the block!

Photobucket

Del found cards up the street, across the street, up by Chick-fil-A, down in a ditch by the new Target, and even a few down in a man hole. Yes, you read that right....Del climbed down in a man hole to find some of the cards. When he came in after the first round of gathering, he was missing 10...after round 2, he's only missing 4....and one of them is the table of contents. That my friends, is dedication.

Photobucket

It unfortunately cost Del a little bit of study time, but it brought so much laughter to our day...which is always a good thing.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

What a great story! That's the kind of dedication I'd want in my doctor :) Way to go, Del!