Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Bless Our Little Nest

Signs of Spring are all around us. Tulips, green grass, perfect temperatures....and bird nests.

A few weeks ago, we noticed random pieces of bark, twigs and mulch stuck up in the corner of our front porch. We tried to take it down one morning, but sure enough by the time we got home, it was right back. We soon realized we had one determined Robin on our hands. So, we gave in.

Photobucket

I don't know if that was the best decision. Because now, every time I go out the front door, I pretty much get attacked by this "devil bird" {well,that's what we call her because she has the creepiest eyes and she stares at us through our window like she's going to peck our eyes out....which reminds me of this SNL skit}



Anyway, {sorry, that video clip wasn't planned....kind of random....kind of appropriate.} I'm pretty sure she stares us down every time we even THINK about coming our our OWN front door, is because she has these little guys to protect!

Photobucket

Del peeked up there on Saturday and discovered these little hairballs. Aren't they just the grossest {and by gross, I mean cute....in a gross kind of way} things you've ever seen?! :) I told him I couldn't look because I thought it would gross me out too bad...but of course, I looked....and now I've created an entire post around it.

Photobucket

We made sure not to touch them {eewww, the thought of that gives me the heebie jeebies} so that the mother would come back and care for them until they are ready to fly away. I can't wait to see how big they are in a week! They've got to be cuter than they are right now, right?

I hope you are enjoying all the signs of Spring around you!

No comments: