Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Billy & Gretchen Pharis {Fayetteville Wedding Photographer}

It's not every day you get the privilege of being an Honorary Bridesmaid AND photographer in the same day....but that is how it happened with Gretchen & Billy's Wedding. And I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Gretchen and I have been friends since high school, so when she called to say that her and Billy were getting married, I squealed with excitement! Gretch & Billy met in Law School, but once he purposed, he pulled a fast one on her decided to pursue his dreams playing professional basketball. Ha. {Gretch, I know how that goes...Del did the same thing to me with Med School. They wait until they have us locked in with a ring, and then they go and pull the 'ole "career switch-a-roo". :) But on a serious note, it's amazing to watch your man doing what God created him to do professionally. You guys won't regret it for a second!}

Ok, on with the wedding day!

Gretch started off by getting her hair done at Pink Papaya off of Dickson Street. They did an amazing job...and all I have to say is Taylor Swift better watch out. 

Photobucket
After the girls got their hair done, we went back to the church to get ready. Ok, now is where I talk about Gretchen's other hilarious bridesmaids. You honestly can't get any funnier than these girls. They had me rolling all day, and by the end I just wanted to hang out with them more.

Hense this next picture...as I was trying to get a shot of the dress....ha!
Photobucket
I stole Gretch away for a few minutes to do some Bridal Portraits...and I think they speak for themselves. Pure Beauty.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The Girls and the Guys made up such a fun Bridal Party. The laughter literally never stopped.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Gretchen and Billy didn't see each other before the ceremony....
so this was such a sweet moment as Gretchen was about to be presented to her groom! *Tear!*
Photobucket
Love it.
Photobucket
Ha! The Beautiful Bride and her Pro "Hoopster" Groom!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Ok, I promise on all that is within me that this picture was NOT posed!! I love it because Gretch is totally smitten for Billy. It's fun seeing one of your best friends so in love.
Photobucket
However, these WERE posed....but you can see that the feelings are mutual. Billy is head-over-heels for Gretchen as well.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
 The reception was held at the church as well, and everyone had a blast dancing and eating.
Photobucket
Photobucket

And they're off!
Congrats Billy & Gretchen!
 You two are so very dear to my heart, and I can't wait to see how the Lord uses your time and talent overseas playing Pro Ball.
Love to you both!!

No comments: