Saturday, December 18, 2010

My first 13.1

This blog post is so long overdue it's not even funny.
I was on a friend's blog the other day and saw Sloneker Stories under her "Blogs we follow" list...
...which at first I thought "oh yea, that's so fun we made her list!"...
...which then proceeded with utter embarrassment when I read the statement right under our name...
"last updated 4 weeks ago"!!
What?!?! Has it really been that long?
Answer: Yes, Chelsea. It has.

So once again, I would like to apologize for my lack of blogging...and once again, I'm going to try my best to do better this next year. :) I'm sure after these next few weeks you are absolutely going to be sick of me because as of right now, I have a list of 15 wedding, family, kids, & newborn shoots that I would love to share with you guys. And that doesn't even include my nephew's birthday party & smash cake session I will be documenting this weekend! Woo-hoo for Will turning 1!!

But for today...I wanted to share about my first 1/2 marathon!

A few months back, my friend Jill and I started training for the Tulsa 1/2 Marathon. Jill's husband {Chris} is in Del's class, so she was a perfect training partner. Jill is a 1/2 marathon expert, but this was my first one. I really think it was the perfect time of year {for where we live} to train for one. It wasn't too hot when we started, and by race day it still wasn't too cold yet.

Last year when I did the Sprint-Tri, everyone kept saying "oh you're going to be addicted after your first one"...well, that didn't really happen. Probably because I'm a terrible biker. But I can definitely see myself doing another 1/2 marathon. It's a great distance and so fun to know that I can go out and run for 2 hours!

Here are some pictures of us finishing the race. I thought we made great time. The official time clock was 2:20, but we were in the second corral, so our official time was 2:13. 

Jill's husband, Chris, decided to run it as well. He did a great job and finished in under 2 hrs.

Photobucket it turns out, I only know how to make really ridiculous faces after I've been running for 2 hours. I'm sorry. This is just embarrassing.
Oh finally! A sweet moment when I saw Del. I saw him along the course with my parents, but to hear him say "Good Job" was the best thing a wife could ask for. Thanks Blaire for catching this moment.

Yea!! We did it!!
Jill & I showing off our sweet medals {that came with a "spinning feature"!} Getting this medal was worth every early morning, cold, long training run we did. Right Jill? :)

Well, I thought we were done with the ridiculous faces...but it looks like I had one more in me. We were just trying to look tough with our medals. Jill is doing a good job showing off the "spinning feature". :) Now off to the food tent.



Emily Richardson said...

GREAT JOB!! I am SO impressed with your time!! Way to go girls!

The "W" Family said...

yeah for you! i did my first half last month and i was hoping i'd be addicted to more, but now i'm just addicted to doing nothing...and snacking :)