Monday, May 23, 2011

Meet Me Here Monday: Heaven is for Real {Book Review}

What?!?! I haven't blogged in a week?! Are you kidding me?
Did someone hack my account and delete all the posts I was sure I wrote?!

Oh well....at least we have Mondays, right?

Maybe I didn't blog last week because I was so busy reading. I finished one book that I am mildly seriously obsessed with {other than the Bible} that I will tell you about soon. But the one I'm going to review today, I literally finished in a few hours. It was so intriguing, I couldn't put it down. And if you know me, I'm NOT a fast reader....at all. But this one caught my attention long before I even had it in my possession.

A few months ago I went to dinner with my sweet friends Kari & Trinka, and when I arrived they had this book waiting for me on the table.

The book is, "Heaven is for Real"...
....and deep down within me, I want it to be "For Real".
I don't know if it is or not, but my {much more} level headed & practical husband seems to be a little skeptical. But he knows how much parts of it meant to me....so we are just agreeing to disagree on different aspects of it. :)

Either way you dice it, I think that it's a beautiful picture and reminder that heaven is a real place, with real people, and a very REAL God.

I think one of the endorsements said it best, when they wrote:
"It will encourage those who doubt and thrill those who believe."




Happy Summer Reading!

No comments: