Monday, May 16, 2011

Meet Me Here Monday: Laundry. My earthly enemy.

Whew...I almost didn't make "Meet Me Here Monday"....
Well, I guess technically I didn't make it. It's midnight.
But, I AM still awake from when I woke up this morning....so in my books, it's still part of the same day! :)

But today, I have a true confession:  I'm terrible at laundry.
I feel like it's gotten worse since we moved into this house. Maybe because we have a guest bedroom now, and so it actually gives me a place to put it....and shut the door if I don't want to look at it! :)
But seriously, a few weeks ago it was literally at it's worst:
Yep, that's about 6 loads of laundry and a closet full of hanging clothes that needed to be ironed. Why does it look like some shirts are hanging from the ceiling, you may ask? Well, because they are! :) It's my new way of drying clothes faster...I hang them on the light fixtures on the fans. Works like a charm!
{Actually, my newest method is hanging them outside from our patio umbrella! They dry so fast!! ha.}

Anyway...back to my story....
I couldn't take it any longer, so I loaded it all up, brought it out to the living room, put in a movie, and had a folding party with myself. I even barricaded myself in with laundry baskets so I "couldn't" get out. Yes. It was time to take care of business.

 ....And 2 1/2 hours later....
it was done!

I will admit, I still despise laundry....but that night was really my breaking point.
Ever since then, I've started doing a mid-week load, and it has been revolutionary! It goes by so fast that it's almost like a little laundry fairy shows up every Wednesday morning and does it all for us! {Wow, wouldn't that be amazing?!}

If you guys have any suggestions on how to make this process better, I would love to hear them!
I hope your week is off to a great start!

No comments: