Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Our Weekend to Remember....at home.



Yes, I know. On my last post I said that we would be going TO the Weekend to Remember Conference....but The Lord had some other plans.
It was 3:00 {yes, 1 1/2 hours before we were suppose to leave} when Del called and asked if we could just stay home this weekend. Those words took the biggest weight off of my shoulders. You see, I had been running around all morning trying to get packed, get our house ready for guests to stay there while we were gone, get ready for a 1 Year Cake Smash Shoot....all the while knowing that I had over 2000 pictures to edit. So, of course I quickly agreed.
And, it was amazing how the Lord affirmed our decision with the way everything worked out afterwards. We were able to transfer our "official" Weekend to Remember to a different date, canceled our hotel reservation with no problems, saved $120 in gas just getting there and back, and the family that was going to stay at our house actually called and canceled because of all the flooding.

So, on Friday night, we decided to use our 2 Free Chick-fil-A Meal Coupons that we got in the mail the other day {Thank you Chick-fil-A on Markham Facebook Page} and have a quiet low-key date night. Right before we left, I received an email from my new "Blog Friend" Brandi {that I've never met, but I really hope to someday!}, that had a list of fun questions to go over with your spouse. I printed it off and we went though them as we ate. It was so fun, and a time I will never forget with Del. I saved our answers and put them in our "Memory Jar" so as to maybe pull it out in a few years and see how our answers have remained the same or have changed. I love it.
Thanks Brandi for the fun questions.

I would encourage any of you reading to go over these questions with your spouse as well. It's a fun little exercise, and gives you an opportunity to talk about something other than work or the kids. I pray that it blesses your marriage and brings you just a few steps closer to your special someone!

Here are the "rules" and questions:
So today, in order to enhance your enrichment time together, I'm including a list of date-night conversation starters.  Some topics are light-hearted to get the ball rolling.  Others are a little more insightful which helps us see "under the hood" of our spouse's heart.  Some of the questions are designed to open up some uninhibited conversation and some out-loud dreaming.  Listen and enthusiastically engage one another, and do not "throw cold water" on your spouse's answers! This is a great opportunity for green-light thinking, a communication approach suggested by Dr.Greg Smalley where there is only listening and encouraging, not negative reactions  or reality-checks that may squelch your spouse's thoughts or feelings.

1.  If you could eat at one restaurant for the rest of your life, where would it be?
2.  If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three books would you bring?
3.  If you were able to have a super power, what power would you want to have and why?
4.  If you could splurge on one item, what would it be?
5.  If you had to go for a week without a cell phone, a computer or a TV, which would it be?
6.  What is the most embarrassing moment that has happened to you?
7.  If you could be on any reality TV show, which one would you be on and why?
8.  What is your favorite activity that we do together?
9.  What man/woman do you most admire and why?
10. If you could've been present at one moment in history, which one would it be?
11. When do you feel most appreciated?
12. What is your favorite moment in our marriage in the last week? Month? Year?
13. Where do you see yourself in one year? 5 years? 20 years?
14. If we could travel anywhere in the world together, where would you want us to go?
15. Name 3 items on your bucket-list.
16. Before we were married, what was the moment that you "knew" I was the one?
17. Who is the friend that you are especially close to right now? Why?
18. In the next year, what is something we can add to our marriage to make it better?
19. Tell your spouse three recent instances where you admired something they did.
20. ???? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chelsea! I wasn't sure how to email you so I thought I'd just leave a comment! :) I love your photos! I was wondering if you could tell me how you get the border/design around some of the pics you post. I have photoshop and do some photography but can't figure out those borders! Any tips would be great :) my email is pabliyeayiti@gmail.com
Thanks so much!!!
-Jessica