Monday, November 21, 2011

Meet Me Here Monday: Davis' LR Baby Shower

Last weekend we had Davis' Little Rock Baby Shower....and what a showering he received!
At that point I was 29 weeks pregnant, and definitely appreciating the Fall Weather that has started to move our way!
During that week, we prayed that Davis would be kept from the wrong mate and saved for the right one.
"Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?" - 2 Corinthians 6:14

The shower was really special because my mom drove down for it, but it was also put on by some very dear friends. When we arrived we were greeted by these wonderful decorations! I will say, this child WILL know his name! ha. I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!
Everything looked so wonderful...especially all the yummy food! ha.
My mom and I had been running around all afternoon, so by the time I got to the shower, this pregnant girl was HUNGRY....and Shower/Finger Food was just what the doctor ordered! I could eat Shower Food every day if it was offered to me. :)
I loved every moment of this shower, because everyone had such a fun time hanging out and catching up with one another! Ann leaned over at one point and said "I hear a lot of residency talk going on"...and when I looked around, I couldn't believe the number of med school wives and girlfriends that were there! I was immediately thankful for the community of ladies God has given us without even realizing it! But then of course I am also thankful for the non-medical friends that were there...because I 100% believe that they are in our lives to keep us sane! :)
Davis received so many wonderful gifts....even his first piece of Under Armour! Del and my dad were so excited!!
And of course none of this would have been possible without these wonderful hostesses!
They truly made this day so special and I cherish each one of their friendships!
 So now, I am a full 30 Weeks Pregnant!
Where in the world has time gone! Only 10 weeks to go...and they are going by FAST!!
This week we prayed that Davis, as well as the one he marries, will be kept pure until marriage.
"But he who is joined to the Lord becomes one spirit with Him. Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexual immoral person sins agains his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit bought with a price. So glorify God in your body." - 1 Corinthians 6:17-20

This week Davis has really been going crazy! He is so active, pretty much all the time, that it keeps Del and I laughing a lot. It's to the point now where you can feel a hand, a foot, or maybe a knee or elbow as it jabs me in the side or moves it's way across my stomach.

On Friday, I had to go in for the 3 hour Glucose Test....because yes, I failed the 1 hour test. {Ugh, it was awful....but I won't go into how I cried about it for a long time in the shower and then called my parents to see if I could figure out if we had a family history of diabetes.}
But anyway...after the first hour, I started to not feel so good, so I went home to lay down and rest for a few minutes before I had to go back to the doctor...but Davis had other plans. He was going so crazy, Del was able to record it. Cracks me up every time I watch it.
This went on for the entire 45 minutes we were at the house. I guess all that sugar "water" had made it to his system! ha.
But thankfully I passed the 3 hour test, so that is one less thing we have to worry about. God definitely used that little test to break my pride, humble me in a lot of areas, but also to see how important it is for me to stay healthy during this time.

We are making progress on the nursery...but it's a project that seems to be never ending.
I'll post pictures as soon as it you can tell that it is actually a room, and not a storage unit! :)

Happy Monday!

No comments: