Friday, May 30, 2008

Robes of Rightousness

During the "school year" I participate in a Bible Study called BSF (Bible Study Fellowship ...if you don't know what it is or aren't currently enrolled, check out their website and find a class near you b/c it has changed my life and I know it will change yours).  Anyway, one morning I was doing my study and I came across a verse that totally rocked my world! 
Isaiah 61:10-11
I delight greatly in the LORD;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of 
salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
For as the soil makes the sprout come up
and the garden causes seeds to grow,
so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise
spring up before all nations.
Isaiah 61:10-11
I copied it down on a notecard and stuck it up on our fridge so I could memorize it over the summer. However, one morning when we were in Tibet, that verse really hit me over the head and I thought, isn't that a beautiful prayer for the monks here?!? Just like when the soldiers tore the clothes off of Jesus as he hung on the cross, God replaced His earthly robes with robes of righteousness, that He in turn gives to each of His children today. One day, may those robes that the monks wear be striped from their bodies and replaced with robes of TRUE righteousness! What a glorious day that will be. Will you pray that with us?

No comments: