Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Beautiful Weekend

It has been THE most beautiful weekend here in LR, as I'm sure it has in most parts of the state. I didn't have to work on Friday, so Del came home for lunch, and then once he was done with class, we headed out to Pinnacle Mountain with Chris & Kyle.

Photobucket

Of course, since I was with 3 other guys (well, 4 if you count Burt), we climbed up the hard side. It was fun, but it only reaffirmed my continued questioning of why rock climbing is enjoyable? The entire time all I could think of was all the ways I would hurt myself if I stepped wrong or lost my footing. But, once we got to the top, it was all worth it.
It was beautiful.

Photobucket

But, then we had to go back down the way we came up (because of where our car was parked)...and I think that was even more terrifying than climbing up. I pretty much scooted down the entire way. (I know, I sound like such a weenie right now.) But my legs were shaking so bad...a little because the wind was a little chilly, a little because they were tired, but mainly because I was so nervous. I will declare right now, rock climbing is not a sport I will EVER be putting on my resume. Promise.

Afterwards, we went out for pizza and then headed over to The Merrick's to watch Lost.
All-in-all, it was a fantastic Friday!

I hope you have had a great weekend.

Stay tuned this week, because I'm going to be doing a little giveaway!
You aren't going to want to miss this one!!

No comments: