Monday, March 29, 2010

Yard Domination

From the title, I'm sure that you're thinking...
"Wait, hasn't your yard already been dominated by the wreck, Del getting a truck stuck in it, and having a cement mixer sitting in it for a week?"
Answer: YES.

But, after I got back from Birmingham, my parents came down to help us dominate the yard back to it's original state.

Before:
Photobucket

After all that's happened here since we bought this house....it was in serious need for some TLC.
And that is exactly what it got!

After:
Photobucket

If you don't know our family personally, then you probably aren't aware that my dad is a grass MASTER. He's a golf course superintendent...so you could say that he knows a thing or two about dominating some turf! :)

Photobucket

He sprayed the yard to kill all the weeds, and then we mulched, planted, and even laid some natural rock for some added ambiance.

{I promise, my mom and I really did help...but the dogs needed a little attention too.}

Photobucket

And when we did all we could the first day, we ate.
Del had ribs on the smoker all day....so by dinnertime...they. were. perfect.

Photobucket

And then we christened our new fireplace, and just relaxed by it all night.

Photobucket

Del loved it so much he fell asleep by it!
I promise, I didn't let him sleep out here all night. Even though, I'm sure he wouldn't have minded if I had.

Photobucket

But the next day, we woke up and were hard at it again! I'll tell 'ya....yard work is no joke! We were completely wiped out after 2 days of it!

I'll show you the end result tomorrow!
Thank you Mom & Dad for coming down to help. We literally couldn't have done it without you!

Hope you have a great day!

No comments: