Monday, April 23, 2012

Meet Me Here Monday: Pinterest Palooza

I, like most people, am totally in love with Pinterest these days.
When thinking about what I'm going to make each week for dinner...the first place I look is Pinterest.
I just love it! But really, what's not to love?! A place to store all of your favorite things, possible favorite things, funny things, kid things, or just things that look plain yummy. When people ask what I "pin" the most....hands down.... it's recipes. Don't get me wrong, I love to look at fun house ideas...but the practical side of me kicks in and when it comes to actually doing the things I pin...let's be honest...I'm not going to go redo my bathroom to look like Kate Moss'. Just sayin'. Ha.

And because most of the recipes that I pin are super easy and mostly require ingredients that I already have in the house...I sometimes quite frequently, have Pinterest Palooza Parties with myself! And by "parties" I mean, making 3-4 random things at a time and making Del try them to see if he likes them! Sometimes they are meals...but most of the time, they are just snacky things...or {let's be honest} desserts.

Here are a few of our Pinterest Palooza Winners:

  In the Category of Snacks, Desserts, and Drinks:
Energy Bites
Ok, these are seriously awesome...and don't last more than a few days in our fridge!
We did make a few changes to the recipe just because we didn't have coconut...but I don't really like coconut anyway...so we replaced it with granola. These. Are. Dynamite!!

Granola Bars
These are also really good...but you definitely want to let them cool completely otherwise they will just fall apart. But good luck resisting them before they cool. And if you give into temptation and nibble on them before they are all the way cool....they are still super yummy.

Saltine Cracker Toffee
Ok, this stuff is like crack with chocolate poured on the top! It's SO EASY, takes only a few ingredients and is done in 10 minutes start to finish. Just go make a pan. It's really that good.

Coke-a-Cola Cake
Seriously the best chocolate cake I've ever eaten. The frosting is really what makes it. Yumm...I can practically taste it right now.

Strawberry Lemonade Slurpee
This is another fun treat if you want something light and refreshing....that takes 2 minutes to make. I've been making it with strawberries, peaches, and pineapples and it tastes like Tropical Smoothie's Sunrise Sunset Smoothie. So, I count this as a Financial Win because I save $5 every time I make this! :)

In the Category of Meals:
Egg Cups
These are regulars here in our house. I'm always looking for something quick and healthy for breakfast...and with Del leaving at 4:00 every morning, these are great to just pop in the microwave and eat before he leaves.

Pancake Muffins
These fall in the same category as the Egg Cups. I fried up some turkey bacon yesterday morning and topped these off with that...and it. was. de-lish! But I should put a warning on these...it's really hard to not eat at least 6 {if not more} in one setting! I had to display some serious self restraint after making these yesterday morning. But I will say, I came out victorious! :)

We added some grilled chicken that we had the night before to this and it was dynamite! It's actually on our menu to have for tonight again! Love it!

Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
I like BBQ just as much as the next guy...but this stuff is seriously GOOD! I think my favorite part about it is that it's not greasy like a lot of BBQ. It's SO easy and SO yummy!

Crispy Cheddar Chicken
This was one of the first Pinterest Recipes I made and once again, Easy and Good! I made the sauce that goes on it...but we ended up not using it because it was great just by itself!

Chicken Parmesan
I may never make another Chicken Parmesan recipe as long as I live {unless it's my mother-in-laws}. We divided up the recipe and took 1/2 to a friend and had the other 1/2 for dinner and loved every single bite! It's nice to know that it's not fried but doesn't lack in taste at all! Great for a quick weeknight dinner.


Well, now that I'm officially STARVING, I'm going to go make "Agusta's Egg Salad Sandwich" for lunch...even though I wish I had a little bit of everything I just listed! But I have high hopes of this being the best Egg Salad Sandwich I've ever had! :) I'll let you know how it turns out!

And....let's be honest...now that I'm a mom, I can't do a personal blog post without posting a picture of our Little Lovie! He's getting so strong!! We just can't get enough of this kid!
Happy Pinning and Happy Monday!!

No comments: