Monday, May 9, 2011

Meet Me Here Monday: The Slonekers

Believe it or not, this Blog use to be strictly devoted to just personal use.
It really did! I promise! It was so bad at one point, I actually started thinking in blog posts. Every event, every meal, every little funny/not so funny/super stupid thing we did I would want to blog about it. Finally Del started asking me, "Please don't blog about that." ha. He could read it on my face and knew when a blog post was being formulated in the mind of your's truly.

However, when pictures of those Sweet Baby Cheeks started flooding in, I couldn't help but post them too! And now, it seems this Blog has turned into a Photography Only Blog. But that is about to change!

There are so many blogs out there that have fun/catchy-weekly slogans....like "What I Made Monday" at Sincerely Yours, or "What I Wore Wednesday" at the Kate Box....so I thought I'd come up with one for us! "Meet Me Here Monday" Do you love it?! I think it's cozy and fun at the same time.

It will be a set day each week, that we meet here and talk about stuff! What kind of stuff you may ask? Well, it may just be about our day, a funny story, a great {or collection of great} You Tube videos, but mainly just about life. I've been wanting to do this for a while so as to get back in the habit of writing more personal blog posts, but also to give all those Brides and Moms-to-Be a little glimpse of what their photographer is really like! :) I have so many clients this year that I've never personally met before, so I thought this might be a great way to put a face with a name and "get to know" the lady that's going to be documenting one of the most important events of your life!
So, Hi! It's so nice to finally "meet" you!!

So, for those of you that have been following this blog for some time now....this will just be a continuation of what you've been reading for the last few years.
And for those of you I've never met, it's time to....


Meet The Slonekers


Del and I have been married for 5 years {6 years in June}. He is absolutely wonderful. He is a man that fears the Lord and truly leads our house with honor and integrity. We love to laugh, joke around, watch funny You-Tube videos until our stomachs hurt {that's a blog post in and of itself}, and just be together. He actually told me this morning, "You know, you're really fun to hang out with." Ha! Wow, thanks Babe! {I'm glad you're just now figuring that out!} But, using my "wife de-coder" skills, what I think he meant to say was, "You know, the longer we're married, the more fun it is to hang out with you." Ahh, now that's what I'm talkin' about! :)
 Now, I will say he keeps me on my toes....or should I say on edge most of the time, because he also loves a good "joke". Which may or may not be funny to anyone but him. :)
{Truthfully, he has me completely paranoid right now, because at any moment I'm just sure he is going to run around the corner and throw a dead spider/cockroach/small rodent on me while I'm editing and in turn I'll faint out of pure terror.}

But, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that our life is perfect by any means.
We are two sinful selfish people by nature, and put in a room together on a bad day....it's not pretty. But we always try to work our differences out quickly {usually because he's really good at making me laugh when I'm upset}. And, because we are usually a magnet for any natural or unnatural disaster....we've learned to roll with the punches and look to see the Lord's hand in each situation. Which always brings peace and comfort in the midst of hard times.

So....what's been happening with us in the last 24 hours?
Well....yesterday afternoon, while Del was studying in the library and I was at home editing, I received a text from him that said, "Surprise Date Night at 7:15"!! {insert: Squeal of overwhelming excitement!!}
I got ready real fast, and we had a wonderful dinner and dessert on the patio at YaYa's...
which was just what the doctor ordered!
Del knew that since our miscarriage was just a few months ago, this Mother's Day might be a little harder than others. Especially because we were not able to be around family this year. And boy was he right! I had started to get a little sad before I received his text....so a dinner date with my man was the perfect way to celebrate, remember, reflect, and dream about what the next few months may bring.
Del told me on our way to dinner that he has these "I should {do something nice}...." instincts a lot, but most of the time turns them down to study or work more {which is so common for men and women}. But I'm glad he listened and acted on them this time. It was an evening I'll remember for a long time.

I say all this to let you know, we aren't perfect. But we do love each other. And I'm glad you've taken the time to Meet me Here today to learn a little bit more about us, and listen to part of our story.

Come back tomorrow {and each day this week} to check out Josh & Suzann's Wedding Pics!

And May God Be with You 'Till We Meet Again Next Week!



No comments: